சரஸ்வதி நிவாஸ் நினைவுகள்

திங்கள், 8 டிசம்பர், 2008

ஒரு muzham

My memory is more volatile than fertile. I do not know how I forget faster than thinking (ஏதோ சொல்லணும். மறந்து போச்சி.)forgetting at the speed of thought.

Continuing the subject of my previous post about the place where I use to take my dinner regularly......... Illusion is the best heading for this episode

The serving of Ghee there is the job requiring the maximum training/experience. We heared about the rendu muzham tea at our Chennai tea shops. The tea master's capability , I think only visuval can help a little because it is beyond words.

டீ குவளையை தலைக்கு மேல வலது கையால ஒரு முழம் தூக்கி 45 டிகிரி ஆங்கிள்ள இடது கை தம்ளர்ல (3 -4 அடி கீழ இருக்கும்) ஒரு சொட்டு கூட கீழ விழாம ஆத்தறது பெரிய கலை.

our mess ghee master was no less than him. Perhaps he might have been an apprentice under Balan Nair whom I used to admire for the said capacity. Our ghee master perfected the art more than his perceived guru. He need not lift the நெய் கிண்ணம் above the level of his face but to keep it at plantain leaf level only. But the serving spoon( I think the handle of the spoon will be broader than the ghee holding part of it and also had a total length of 3cms. It can hold three and half drops of ghee) will be lifted to the customers head level. When the ghee is poured three drops will fall inside the kinnam and half drop will reluctantly fall on the சாதம். But in the whole episode lasting for 10 seconds, an illusion is created of nei being served. The gheeful (gleeful) smile on the ghee master is the only reality.

Let us see the palagaaram served to customers who do not take sadam on nights on next post.

Our indifference
I do not know the chemistry of Bombaywalas or Mumbaikars. Many were proud that they were up and running as usual from the very next day of terror attacks. I too was. Underlining fact is indifference and கையால ஆகாத, விதி மேல பழி சொல்ற குணம். At least this time I am going to register for voters list and vote. Then I can say I get the Govt. I deserved.

Finally, there are few sites which give permission to download e-books. I had asked the permission from them to give a link so that Tamil e Books can freely be read.

கருத்துகள் இல்லை:

கருத்துரையிடுக